Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Porter's 2nd month

A lot has happened in the past two months! Here is a random assortment of pictures in no particular order:

A friend of mine came over and took some newborn pictures of Porter when he was 4 weeks old. Here's one that I took with my little Kodak but I'm sure the ones with her nice fancy camera are waaaaayy better. I can't wait to get them back...

I took this one the day after the photo shoot, my friend gave me the idea but we didn't have time to do it that day. This little wagon is probably only 12 inches long or so. Isn't Porter so tiny?

Abbie, Porter (8 weeks old), and Leah enjoying time together

Little feet and toes

Leah being a great big sister and helper

Abbie helping out too, thank goodness. I can't possibly keep up with how often Porter needs to eat!
And sleep! Catching a little nap with Daddy.

Leah playing outside, the first big snow of the season
Abbie was so excited to finally be able to play outside in the snow
Cleaning off the car, I wish they wanted to do this every day!
Abbie's preschool holiday program. They sang some cute songs and Abbie even had a little speaking part. She said towards the end of the program, "After you open your presents, you can have a snack."


Leah making snow angels in the "pretend snow"(carpet). Since it's been in the teens or colder most of this month, I wouldn't let them go outside so they made up that the cream colored carpet is snow and they get all dressed up in their hats, gloves, and boots and pretend. It works for me, no cold and wet snow to deal with!

Do they look like sisters or what?
Leah already knows how to spell and write her name and on this day, she did it with pretzels. I came into the room to clean up and noticed this on the couch. Abbie was at preschool and I didn't write it so I know Leah did. What a smart girl!
Jared got this idea for an add on to a baby helmet a few weeks ago so he made a prototype and has been showing it around the office. It's a little big on Porter right now but maybe in a few months, I'll show a picture of him in it!
Jared also got a new suit for Christmas. We ordered it after Christmas during a sale and then I just hemmed the pants myself and we got a great deal on a very nice suit. It's the first one he's had since his mission, almost 15 years ago.

My handsome boys! :)

1 comment:

Liesl said...

OK, Leah can write her name? I better get on it with Darci!!! I love all the pics. . .Porter in the wagon is awesome. I can't wait to have my babe and use all of your cute pic ideas! :)